Friday, October 14, 2016

My Kind Of Grilled Cheese Sandwich!

I decided on grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch today.  While I will eat one, if forced to do so, two slices of bread with a slab of "plasticized" Kraft cheese melted between them, just isn't that appealing!  There HAS to be something a bit more zesty for lunch!  So, here's my recipe and the sandwich is much more enjoyable.  Quick and easy to prepare!

INGREDIENTS (per sandwich)
2 Slices of your favorite bread
1 Slice Mozzarella cheese
Basil Pesto
Olive Oil
2 Slices Roma tomato

PREPARATION
Brush one side of each piece of bread with Olive Oil.  Use a small pasta brush to do so.
Brush the opposite sides of the bread with Basil Pesto

Place one slice of bread, Olive Oil side down, into a skillet on medium heat.  Place slice of Mozzarella cheese on top of Basil Pesto covered side of bread slice.  Place two slices of Roma tomato on top of the cheese slice.  Put the second slice of bread, Pesto side down, on top of the tomato slices.

Gently lift the corner of the bread from the skillet to check when it is nicely toasted.  Using a spatula, flip the sandwich over in the skillet to toast the other slice of bread.  Flip the sandwich so it doesn't burn, but is in the heat of the skillet long enough to melt the cheese.

There you have it!  A nice toasted sandwich, full of melted Mozzarella cheese over fresh tomato slices and the flavor of Basil Pesto!  A great little lunchtime snack!


If you have questions, please feel free to email me at: stan.kain@gmail.com  Also, consider subscribing to my Recipe Blog so you see future recipes I add there.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I am so happy you do, Beth!!! I think the flavors are just delicious, myself. And the tomato gives a nice taste to the sandwich...and I love pesto. Use it on so much I fix!

      Delete