Tuesday, October 18, 2016

"It's Not KFC" Chicken

I needed to put something together quickly for dinner tonight.  I'd been kind of busy writing most of the day and really didn't have anything planned.  There's always a lot of chicken in my freezer so taking inventory there, I decided to thaw some chicken breast and work from there.  I wanted something easy to prepare and which would cook rather quickly so I could get dinner on the table at a reasonable time.  I didn't come up with a name for it, so just settled for calling it, "It's Not KFC" Chicken.

INGREDIENTS
2 Very Large Chicken Breasts
6 Slices Mozzarella Cheese
1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
1/4 Cup Milk
1/4 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs
1 Can Mushroom Soup
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
1 Teaspoon Olive Oil

PREPARATION
The chicken breast were very large and thick.  I split them in two, creating 4 pieces of breast, thin enough to cook in a reasonable time.

I lightly greased a Pyrex baking dish with olive oil to prevent sticking.  Each piece of chicken breast was dipped in milk, time being allowed for the milk to drain off.  Then, each chicken piece was sprinkled with salt and pepper.  Each piece of breast was then rolled in Panko bread crumbs to coat.

Mozzarella Cheese slices were wrapped carefully over the breaded chicken breast and placed into the baking dish.  Now, the Mushroom soup was poured over the entire surface, liberally covering the chicken.

The baking dish was put into a pre-heated oven at 350 F degrees for 30 minutes.  The baking dish was removed from the oven and allowed to cool for 10 minutes before serving.  The chicken was moist and flavorful and everyone seemed to like it quite well.
 

Again, it was certainly nothing very fancy nor difficult to prepare.  But it was a healthy and nutritious meal and inexpensive to prepare!  I hope you will try and enjoy as we have!

If you have questions, please feel free to email me at: stan.kain@gmail.com  Likewise, you may subscribe to my Recipe Blog and receive new updates and recipes.  I add them quite regularly...right now, catching up, I have been adding them daily.  Feel free to share recipes with friends and family!

No comments:

Post a Comment